A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun, ultimately blocking the view of the Sun for a short period of time.
The latest solar eclipse will be taking place on August 21, 2017. Ontario, OR will be in the path of the eclipse so our city is an ideal viewing location! This event has quickly booked hotels in numerous states and is bringing in travelers from across the world to the United States. Not only is the solar eclipse a highly sought-after phenomenon, but it also poses as a great opportunity to tour Ontario, OR and its surrounding areas!
Updates on the weather forecast for August 2017 will be added in the future as the date of the solar eclipse approaches. Events for the solar eclipse will be listed in our 2017 solar eclipse events calendar below.
Countdown to Solar Eclipse Day
Camping at Montgomery Farms in Ontario, Oregon
Contact email@example.com or (208) 741-7222 for more information
Come camp along the Malheur River in Ontario, Oregon. Paintball available, playground, community firepit (if conditions permit), small zipline, cow train and horse train (rides), evening hayrides
- All sites are dry camping with flush toilets and port-a-potties on site
- Water on site is non-potable
- Tent camping – $300 weekend (Friday arrival – Monday departure)
- RV Camping – $500 weekend (Friday arrival – Monday departure)
- $50 non-refundable deposit required
- Snack shack is open for limited hours