A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun, ultimately blocking the view of the Sun for a short period of time.
The latest solar eclipse will be taking place on August 21, 2017. Ontario, OR will be in the path of the eclipse so our city is an ideal viewing location! This event has quickly booked hotels in numerous states and is bringing in travelers from across the world to the United States. Not only is the solar eclipse a highly sought-after phenomenon, but it also poses as a great opportunity to tour Ontario, OR and its surrounding areas!
Updates on the weather forecast for August 2017 will be added in the future as the date of the solar eclipse approaches. Events for the solar eclipse will be listed in our 2017 solar eclipse events calendar below.
*Partial phase start: 10:10:07AM (MDT)
*Totality Start: 11:25:33AM (MDT)
*Duration of Totality: 1m 26s
4apr - 26augAll Day2017 Solar Eclipse Sale at the Ontario Area Chamber of Commerce OfficePlease call our office at (541) 889-8012 for more information(All Day) 251 SW 9th Ave, Ontario OR 97914Ontario Area Chamber of Commerce OfficeEvent Type :Solar Eclipse 2017
1jun - 20aug9:00 amaug 20- 5:00 pmEclipse Glasses at the Four Rivers Cultural CenterSee description for more information9:00 am - (august 20) 5:00 pm 676 SW 5th Ave. Ontario, OR 97914Four Rivers Cultural CenterEvent Type :Solar Eclipse 2017
Camping at Montgomery Farms in Ontario, Oregon
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 741-7222 for more information Come camp along the Malheur River in Ontario, Oregon. Paintball available, playground, community firepit (if conditions permit), small zipline, cow train and horse train (rides), evening hayrides
- All sites are dry camping with flush toilets and port-a-potties on site
- Water on site is non-potable
- Tent camping – $300 weekend (Friday arrival – Monday departure)
- RV Camping – $500 weekend (Friday arrival – Monday departure)
- $50 non-refundable deposit required
- Snack shack is open for limited hours
Dry RV Parking at the Treasure Valley Children’s Relief Nursery
$100 per night, Contact Kathie Collins at (541) 823-2526 for more information
Waterfront or Ridge-top Camping
Contact Ben at (541) 869-2002 for more information
- 68 acres of land directly under the path of totality
- Bathrooms and water available on waterfront site
- 64.5 acres of riverfront for a great variety of fishing
- $100 per night for tent camping, and $500 for a weekend of RV camping
- Rates vary depending on location, so please contact Ben for more information
RV Camping and Limited Tent Camp Sites
Contact Cheryl Cruson at (541) 889-3747, (541) 881-6168, or email@example.com
- First come, first serve (no refunds)
- 2-night minimum stay (additional nights available)
- Friday, August 18th, through Tuesday, August 22nd
- RV $150 per night and Tent $100 per night
- Reservations available starting June 15th
- Prime, wide open viewing area with grass lost and some drive-thru parking
- Can accommodate up to 40 ft coach, trailer, or 5th wheel
- Tent area 20’x20′
- Dry camp with port-a-potties available, garbage service, and camp host on-site
- Pet are welcome on leash and in designated area
- No campfires, drugs, or alcohol
- This is a fundraising event for our new sound system, Campers are invited to join us for Sunday Service at 10:00 am
Dry Camping at the Malheur County Fairgrounds
Contact (541) 889-3431 for more information
- 24 full hookups, 18 electrical and 50 dry camp sites with access to restrooms and showers
- Horse corrals available
- $100 for full hook ups, $80 for electric, and $60 for dry camping
Space Reservations in Brogan, Oregon
Contact (541) 709-1326 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- $150 per space per night
- 20x50 space
- If you are a vendor, please contact us right away
- Visit us on Facebook and our website
Camping at DeLeon Farms in Huntington, Oregon for the 2017 Solar Eclipse
Contact us at email@example.com or 541-805-8670 for more information. Our farm can be seen on our web site at DeLeonFarms201.com.
- We are a working alfalfa hay farm along the Snake River, under path of totality, prime wide open viewing areas.
- Those tent camping on the 10 acre section, along the Snake River, are welcome to fish.
- We are opening up our hay fields for camping. The hay fields are our livelihood, please tread lightly.
- We also respectfully ask that you not cross over into our neighboring farmer’s fields. All boundaries will be clearly marked.
- We will have 10 acres available along the Snake River, and an additional 40 to 60 acres, nearby.
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is required. First come, first served basis.
- Tent camping $150, tent camping in the 10 acre river area, $200.
- RV camping is $250. Amount of spaces available will be according to our hay harvest schedule, to be determined closer to Aug.
- Check in time begins at 8 am Sunday, August 20th. And Check out time is 5 pm Monday, Aug 21st.
- All sites are dry camping and primitive. We can accommodate larger RV’s.
- We will provide porta potties and trash pick-up.
- There will be camp hosts to direct parking and answer questions.
- No campfires, drugs, or alcohol, zero tolerance anyone violating this policy.
- There will be pre-packaged snacks, bottled water, and non-alcoholic drinks available for purchase. We will have people available to take orders and deliver snacks.
- There will be a Security Officer patrolling the area at all times.
- Everyone will be given a map of the boundary areas and locations of the nearest RV dumps and emergency contacts, and restaurants.
- Pets are welcome on a leash.
Dry-camping at the Old Golf Course Site in Ontario
Reservations can be made over the phone at 541-881-3200, 541-881-3201, or 541-889-7684 to reserve a space, or payment can be made at the gate upon your arrival. If you chose to pay at the gate, you will be required to pay in cash.
- If you are looking for a location to park that RV, or pitch a tent, the city will be offering 160+ acres for dry-camping at the old golf course site.
- The area will be open for arrival beginning Thursday, August 17th, at 12:00, and run through Tuesday, August 22nd, for one flat fee, regardless of the duration of stay. The sites will be first come, first served.
- Port-a-potties will be provided onsite, as well as restrooms located in the former Golf Course Clubhouse, which will be open between 8:00am and 10:00pm each day. There will be water available for use.
- ABSOLUTELY NO CAMP FIRES WILL BE ALLOWED, OR ANY OPEN FLAME OF ANY TYPE. DISREGARD OF THIS PROHIBITED ACT WILL RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM THE CAMPGROUND.
- RV camping: $400
- Tent camping: $200
- Extra vehicle at site: $25 per rig
- This site is ideal for viewing the eclipse as it provides an unobstructed overhead view.
Contact the Ontario Area Chamber of Commerce via e-mail or phone at (541) 889-8012 to get your event or land listed for the Solar Eclipse!